This is their new offering, off their anticipated new Album out in April called The Hidden City. Astbury and Duffy still have the magic to produce some thought provoking and memorable tunes.
They’ve finish a rather small UK tour and are starting a bigger US tour:
- Mar 18 – Austin City Limits at the Moody Theater (Midnight) – Austin, TX
- Mar 19 – Brady Theater – Tulsa, OK
- Mar 20 – Steifel Theater – Salina, KS
- Mar 22 – Anthem at Hard Rock Casino – Sioux City, IA
- Mar 24 – Mill City Nights – Minneapolis, MN
- Mar 25 – House of Blues – Chicago, IL
- Mar 26 – The Fillmore – Detroit, MI
- Mar 28 – Taft Theatre – Cincinnati, OH
- Mar 29 – Hard Rock Live – Northfield, OH
- Mar 31 – Casino Rama – Rama, ON
- Apr 03 – Foxwoods Casino – Mashantucket, CT
- Apr 05 – Shubert Theater – Boston, MA
- Apr 06 – The Paramount – Huntington, NYY
- Apr 08 – Electric Factory – Philadelphia, PA
- Apr 09 – Wellmont Theater – Montclair, NJ
- Apr 10 – The Fillmore – Silver Spring, MD
- Apr 12 – Variety Playhouse – Atlanta, GA
- Apr 14 – House of Blues – Orlando, FL
- Apr 15 – Mahaffey Theater – St. Petersburg, FL
- Apr 16 – The Fillmore – Miami, FL
I know they are originally from Bradford, and maybe just a few dates in the UK was not enough, there’s been some criticism about that.
They are now established in America, having broken it when they released Electric and Sonic Temple, in quick succession I thought, with it’s “Mercan” Rock sound, that put Duffy firmly in his comfort zone, as well as Astbury into his American Indian phase.
I say phase, but it’s always been there with Moya from Ian’s band Southern Death Cult and their only real release, then Dreamtime, and again on Rain from Love, still my favourite LP after all these years.
It’s been a rocky road for Ian and Billy, many times have they broken up, done other things, but I think, from what I’ve read, they are firmly attuned together, bringing the best out in each other.
If Hinterland is just the tip of the Iceberg from this album, I look forward to, maybe, making it my new favourite.